Saturday, September 5, 2009



What the heck do I have here?

I usually use "trinkalcohol" or "feinsprit" (ethanol) for my perfumes. But when I went yesterday to buy "trinkalcohol" from the pharmacy the apothekerin recommended "Aro-alcohol" to me.

The bottle says "Feinsprit vebilligt ARO" or something like that. She said that it was cheaper than the trinkalcohol and could be used for perfumemaking. I tried asking her exactly what this was (the conversation was in German). She told me that *this* was ethanol. I asked the INCI name and she said that there wasn't one, that it was just "ethanol."

I'm confused because the bottle said "verbilligt," which I think means "cut" or "diluted." So what is this cut with?

I posed the question to the man whose life I want to live, Andy Tauer of Tauer Perfumes. He recommended that I just get my alcohol from the alcohol board here, which I will most likely do.

But until then, would anyone know what this "Aro-alcohol" is? Is it perfumer's alcohol?

No comments:

Post a Comment